Picking a front door color

Picking a color for your front door can be tough.  It's one of the first things people see when they drive up to our home and they certainly notice the color of your door (good or bad).  Personally, I am not a fan of red.  It seems cliche and I think there are a lot of other colors that can really compliment the color of the outside of your house.



1. I love this first front door color because it really pops with the white and beige that surrounds it.  It really offsets the black that is above and on the door as well.  So pretty.  Since the best paint obviously comes from Sherwin Williams, here is a close color to this front door ... SW 6521 Notable Hue



 3. This second front door color is one that I wouldn't necessarily think to put with a brick exterior, but it looks really great.  The knocker, mail slot, and kick plate look great against that pale green.  A similar Sherwin Williams color ... SW 6462 Green Trance



3. This door is a bit more bold, which I like.  Navy is not a color that I feel you see often with front doors.  Red, burgundy, champagne, but not navy.  I like this door for a bit of flair (although I would really spruce up the wreath and add some more decor around the base of the door).  
Sherwin Williams ... SW 6531 Indigo


4. By now I'm sure you can tell that I am completely obsessed with the cool color palette. Grey is definitely my favorite color .. this front door color is very similar to my own current front door color.  When I decide to repaint, I might go a bit more bold like the others.  I like this grey because it is very versatile and goes with many different colors. Sherwin Williams color ... SW 7624 Slate Tile

Comments

Popular Posts